Tuesday 15 November 2011

A good day for birds, (part 2)

This is part two of my trip to the wildfowl and wetland trust in Llanelli. This post is about the garden birds I was able to see, some of which are more common than others.

This photo of a robin is such a stereotypical picture of the bird, but it does make me feel christmasy.

Long tailed tits are probably in my top 10 birds, I love the images of them all huddled together on a branch in the cold and the colour on them is such a lovely pale pink.

I like this little picture of the long tailed tit in flight, I felt quite proud of myself when I looked back on my photos and saw this on the little screen.

This little bugger, after posing for the camera, decided to fly at me a couple of times. I guess his nest was close by and didn't want me anywhere near it or to ruin his chances with the ladies.


The Chaffinch with its autumnal plumage, sits beautifully amongst the fallen leaves and bare branches.

The Bullfinch is another top 10 bird for me. This was only the second time I have seen one and the first was just a  flash of colour, just enough to realise what it was, but not enough to have a good look, so today, I was one happy bunny when I spotted a pair above me, I must of had the biggest grin on my face. This is the best shot I managed to get, but it is good enough for me. 

I am really looking forward to my next trip, Its not going to be a long wait. 
You should all visit, it is great for all ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment